Monday, December 13, 2010

see you in 'less than a hand'

conflict.
i cannot wait to go home,
do christmassy things,
drive & sing in my car,
see all the lit up homes,
be surrounded by my friends & family...
but wow.
i have to leave a beautiful (&warm) city.
leave esperanza.
leave some awesome people i've met here.
leave the spanish language.

didn't i just arrive here?
i mean, i remember it like it was a few weeks ago.
i was sick as a dog, 
and nervous.
my eyes burned from crying,
my nose stuffed like woah,
my ears unpopped....unable to hear anything...
making this new language THAT more intimidating.
well....
time to make peace with sevilla...
like i did with siena. 
(while taking finals, writing papers and getting in as much 'people' time as possible before we say goodbye).

see you in 'less than a hand.'
i can count the days by only using one hand.
 
 
 
oh, and p.s:

No comments:

Post a Comment